Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miyamoto: Zelda Wii probably not "radically different"

12 posts in this topic

Posted

In a recent interview with [i]Nintendo Power[/i], Shigeru Miyamoto, he said that the upcoming [i]Zelda[/i] title for Wii will not be "radically different".

------

Unlike [i]Twilight Princess[/i], which was originally intended for the GameCube but then ported to Wii with motion controls for the system's release, the next installment will be made completely from scratch. Add the high possibility of the inclusion of the Wii Motion Plus, and many are anticipating one of the most unique [i]Zelda[/i] games to date.

However, a recent statement made by Miyamoto, series creator and director, seemingly contradicts past comments by series producer Eiji Aonuma that the game will be "unlike any past [i]Zelda[/i] game we've seen."

Posted

Josh, the only reason you are being so rude to Adr is because he is infinitely better than you. Get over yourself.

Posted

Could he just be putting a twist in for the fans so there expectations lower then get blown away at the actual game??? Cause I hope so! I have so many high hopes for this next Zelda Game!

Posted

This brings a tear to my eye: ),:

But I [i]do[/i] hope 93dt is right on this one. If it isn't different, I'm going to go into rage.

Posted

I kinda figured they wouldn't have the stones to fukc Zelda up too much.

Posted

i think by "it won't be radically different" they mean it's gonna have ganon, Zelda, link etc but with a new plot twist

Posted

yay i read that and he said "notice that llink is not hoilding a sword but a sheild" when asked about the fairy

Posted

[quote name='93dt' post='232675' date='Jul 2 2009, 07:21 AM']Could he just be putting a twist in for the fans so there expectations lower then get blown away at the actual game??? Cause I hope so! I have so many high hopes for this next Zelda Game![/quote]
That might not be a bad idea. Hype killed TP because everyone expected so much out of it.

By saying that it won't be radically different, I think he means that it'll follow the same formula that past Zelda games have always followed. You know, temples and all that.

Posted

It isn't too difficult to figure out. The next Zelda game will be "unlike any past Zelda games we've seen" because it will have new control, most likely Wii motion plus. It won't be "radically different" because it will stick to the same old Zelda formula, because it works, and they know it works, and everyone else knows it works. Nintendo is [i]way[/i] too safe when it comes to Zelda games.

A game like Majora's Mask will probably never happen again. :(

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='232745' date='Jul 2 2009, 04:53 PM']It isn't too difficult to figure out. The next Zelda game will be "unlike any past Zelda games we've seen" because it will have new control, most likely Wii motion plus. It won't be "radically different" because it will stick to the same old Zelda formula, because it works, and they know it works, and everyone else knows it works. Nintendo is [i]way[/i] too safe when it comes to Zelda games.

A game like Majora's Mask will probably never happen again. :([/quote]

I hope it does! The Wii and Nintendo have given birth to some awful games lately, mostly in an attempt to appeal to casual gamers. Zelda is a great series, but for it to continue without losing fans, the envelope needs to be pushed.

We all started as casuals in a sense, since as kids we tried games and found what we liked from experience or accident. I think if people are into gaming enough in the first place, they'll try a series like Zelda because it's popular and it's known to contain great games. If the game isn't different enough (meaning it is too much of the same or too much for the casuals), I think I personally am going to be much less excited for future Zelda games, if at all :-(.

I vote Nintendo makes a unique, amazing game for us Zelda fans, and gets the casuals into the game via difficulty settings, or the sheer desire to hop on the bandwagon and try a popular/fun game - not by making it mostly for people who are considered casual gamers because they probably aren't into lengthy games in the first place! :-p

Posted

well, I think it's a good thing, otherwise it might lose the entire setting and atmosphere.

Posted

It would be nice. I mean, what if we got a Zelda DS like this game:

[url="http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2009/01/freeware_game_pick_the_legend.html"]http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2009/01/fre...the_legend.html[/url]