Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aonuma confirms Master Timeline again, Places Skyward Sword before Ocarina of Time

202 posts in this topic

Posted

“Yes there is a master timeline but its confidential document! The only people to have access to that document are myself, Mr. Miyamoto and the director of the title. We cant share it with anyone else! I have already talked to Mr. Miyamoto about this so I am comfortable in releasing this information – this title [Skyward Sword] takes place before Ocarina of Time. if I said that a certain title was ‘the first Zelda game’, then that means that we cant ever make a title that takes place before that! So for us to add titles to the series, we have to have a way of putting the titles before or after each other.

Posted

There is nothing saying Ganondorf has to be the main villain? If anything, it says he can't be the main villain. His origin story was played out during OoT.

Posted

[b][b][b]Sahaqiel disapproves of multibold.

OHOHO though. Gotta love a good Zelda with a timeline place.[/b][/b][/b]

Posted

lol yeah
Jared, only one bold is necessary.
[b][b][i]

Posted

Well if this takes place before Ocarina of Time, then the fact that Kokiri Forest, Death Mountain, Kakariko Village and all that fun stuff being there is a bigger possibility. =O
'Course this would all be amazing if Ganondorf was the villain. But, as Saha explained, Ganondorf's "entrance" was in OoT: unless they want to pull the crazy stunt to having the last male Gerudo (before Ganny) being the villain. That would mean that this would take place... however long it takes for male Gerudos to be born in the village. I forget. xD;

Posted

Well then who could be the villain?
I wonder.

Posted

Well that's cool. We now know. All we have to do is crack it.

As for SS being placed before OoT, I don't really care. It won't make the game any better. From what I've seen this game will be worse than WW. Graphics wise and game play wise. Mainly game play wise because of the difficult looking bomb control. When I say bomb control I mean the rolling it. You have to first a line yourself to whatever and then basically bowl the bomb. Then you [b]have[/b] to waste money to buy a pointless motion plus just to play the game.

I can already predict that this game is going to ruin Zelda. I'm sorry that was already done by ST. It's going to ruin the console Zelda.

Also, Eka a male is born every 100 years. If I read correctly.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' date='21 July 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1279753809' post='314455']
Mainly game play wise because of the difficult looking bomb control. When I say bomb control I mean the rolling it. You have to first a line yourself to whatever and then basically bowl the bomb. Then you [b]have[/b] to waste money to buy a pointless motion plus just to play the game.

I can already predict that this game is going to ruin Zelda. I'm sorry that was already done by ST. It's going to ruin the console Zelda.

Also, Eka a male is born every 100 years. If I read correctly.
[/quote]

Positioning yourself and rolling a bomb is difficult? Do you know how much BETTER the aim will be for bombs now because of this game? I hated having to just guess by eye where my bomb was going to land. At least with this game, we have precision.
And you don't have to buy the Motion+ thing. Miyamoto simply said that it would help sense it better. You can still play the game without one, its not a big deal.
Stop being overly dramatic, its not going to ruin the entire Zelda series. So what if this game ends up not too great? Does that mean it'll affect other Zelda games? No, and I've no idea why people like you ever say stuff like that because it makes no sense.

Posted

Not really. It's actually always been difficult this really won't change. The camera angle have always been a b****.

Well that's good. I don't see how it's better though. I mean as long as Link moves the game is fine. You don't need something to make it better.

I'm not being overly dramatic one game can ruin a whole series. You saw what WW did to me. I'm surprised I still play Zelda. Actually this will be my last new Zelda game I'll ever play. I'm sick of cel-shaded s***. They can says it's a mix between TP and WW graphics, but it's not. Cel-shade is cel-shade. You can't just mix graphics.

As I said WW ruined most of my Zelda experience. It could ruin someone else's. Besides every single cel-shaded game I've played has been terrible. WW, PH, and ST are the main one's I've played. Then there was a Naruto game, but Naruto naturally sucks so the game was going to suck anyway. I haven't played too much Okami, but from what I've seen it doesn't look good. (I mean game wise not just graphic wise.)

So yeah. They've also all had pretty bad story lines too. So it's not the graphics. It's the stories. WW's sucked and didn't make sense in the slightest. PH's was a fucking dream and thus had no relevance what-so-ever. And ST was... Well it's damn near impossible near the end. And it's difficulty is why I hate ST. The story was at least followable.

Also I'm not saying all this to piss people off. This is my own damn opinion. If you don't like it then you can shut up.

Posted

I'm still questioning why YLA even bothers to be part of an LoZ forum, when he seems to hate it so much. If you don't care about LoZ, that's fine. However, if you are only gonna hate on it, then why are you here?

Posted

I love LoZ. I just don't like WW, PH, and ST. I mean it's just that cel-shade ruins everything for me. Like I love Dragon Ball Z, but half of those games are cel-shade. I hate not being able to play it, but I just can't. It doesn't mean I hate DBZ though.

Posted

The Dragona Ball Z anime (and most anime) is colored in cells. It's cell-shaded. Not just the games. Though, if you are a fan of the manga, like I am, that's understandable then.

EDIT- Even so, All I ever hear from you is bitch and moan. It's actually very annoying.

Posted

Ok don't even bullshit like that. It's not even funny.

Fine I'll stop bitching and moaning. (Or at least I'll try to stop.)

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' date='21 July 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1279753809' post='314455']
As for SS being placed before OoT, I don't really care. It won't make the game any better. From what I've seen this game will be worse than WW. Graphics wise and game play wise. Mainly game play wise because of the difficult looking bomb control. When I say bomb control I mean the rolling it. You have to first a line yourself to whatever and then basically bowl the bomb. Then you [b]have[/b] to waste money to buy a pointless motion plus just to play the game.

As I said WW ruined most of my Zelda experience. It could ruin someone else's. Besides every single cel-shaded game I've played has been terrible. WW, PH, and ST are the main one's I've played. Then there was a Naruto game, but Naruto naturally sucks so the game was going to suck anyway. I haven't played too much Okami, but from what I've seen it doesn't look good. (I mean game wise not just graphic wise.)

So yeah. They've also all had pretty bad story lines too. So it's not the graphics. It's the stories. WW's sucked and didn't make sense in the slightest. PH's was a fucking dream and thus had no relevance what-so-ever. And ST was... Well it's damn near impossible near the end. And it's difficulty is why I hate ST. The story was at least followable.
[/quote]
I am thiiiiiiiiis close to banning you.
||
The space in between those two pipes.
That's how close.

You are a whiny, self absorbed, biased piece of shit, you know that? You hate a game because you can't figure out how to beat it? Well let's just tone it down a bit, shall we? Let's make the game simple addition. To open this door, what's 5 + 5? Unless that's too hard for you.

You yourself have asked how you can hate a game you've never even played. You have said this. [i]It went in signatures.[/i] You hate on games just because you can't have your way, and you contradict yourself way too much.
And you don't even care about story. You just "want to kill things", as you have stated before. You don't know what you're talking about, ever. Ever. They added useless motion control? Well, you never said anything about [i]Twilight Princess[/i]. It wasn't because it was a better game, either. [i]It's because it looks realistic[/i]. You are a graphic whore. Your opinion will never matter. Ever.

This game was [i]just announced[/i] and you're calling it bad. You know why? Because you suck at video games. You suck at judging video games. You make up illnesses and excuses, but it'll never make your argument make any sense. Wind Waker had an [i]extremely coherent plot, beginning to end[/i]. You're just to thick and dull to realize it.
Go soak your head. Grow up.
Sahaqiel

Posted

I'm not bullshitting. You can tell just by looking at it. The colors are flat and not blended. The backgrounds are blended, but since the characters are the ones moving, they color them in cells. I'd dig up some "proof" for you, but last time I did that, you said that I made an entire website just to fuck with you. Even before that, Wikipedia was lying to you. You are a [s]child[/s] brat. Grow up.

EDIT- HAHA. I typed this before Sahaqiel posted his reply. I love how they both in with the same sentence.