Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hyrule.net Anime Night, 02 - 07 - 2011

31 posts in this topic

Posted

54189635.jpg

In a world without cyber brain sclerosis...

This weekend we'll be watching Dennou Coil, the critically acclaimed science fiction series with an impressive decade of production. It has been cited as probably influencing modern day views on augmented/virtual reality. It follows a group of children as they figure out what's going wrong with their town, etc.

We'll also be trying something new: commercial breaks of other, shorter anime.

This time around, we'll be throwing in segments of Cat Soup, which is kind of hipster, kind of really depressing when you find out why it was made, and kind of really surreal.

57207930.jpg

In order to join the channel we'll all be chatting in and get the link to the stream we'll be watching, you'll need to join Hyrule.net chat, and join #AnimeNight. To do this, you'll need to get ahold of someone already in the room, so we know to invite you into the channel.

After you've been invited, type /join #AnimeNight

Alright, sit tight.

You are watching #AnimeNight

Posted

Don't hotlink my images thank you.

Posted

Why would you hotlink images you dick

Now I'm not going to anime night, out of principle

Posted

FpWJJ.png

Posted

THER U GO

Posted

I don't know if I can make this but it looks really cool so I'm going to try to make it to see it with you guys

Posted

Sorry too late I'm already outraged

Can't watch anime night for another two to three turns and I'll be too confused to understand it anyways

Posted

i'll see you there, guys.

INB4 RAGE ABOUT ME GOING

Posted

That's not nice haha but I'm sure you know what's going on so it might be true I bet it's true

Posted

Dennou Coil? Didn't we once have a discussion about how it was garbage or you didn't like it or something like that, Saha?

Posted

The only thing I remember saying about Dennou Coil was that I didn't quite like the character design and I was unsure of what it is even about.

I haven't seen it yet. It's been on my anticipated watching list for awhile.

Sahaqiel

Posted

GET IN CHAT WE'RE STARTING IN HALF AN HOUR

Posted

puppy I FORGOT ABOUT THIS

Posted

Well that was a disaster.

IRC is being weird, also, and even though I don't have Muffin ignored, I can't see anything he's saying. So I blamed that on the short notice. We didn't collaborate or anything. So I ended up having to stream since it was my pick and we hadn't talked about it, so he couldn't get the torrent.

Dennou Coil is too pretty for my netbook, so it would randomly have VLC LASK:LDSKAS:KD:LS whatever that is when everything is squares.

Maybe I'll try to stream tomorrow? Big maybe. While using T1G's computer or something. Because my netbook does try its hardest, but it's not enough. :<

First impressions, though. First thing I noticed is that the intro is really pretty. I was surprised how catchy it was, and how it seemed like it was trying to make the series overdramatic but it totally didn't. Second thing was that the character design was better than I thought and that the characters each have their own sense of whimsy. Third was that it astoundingly pulls off a great atmosphere with no background music. Some series feel empty without it, or are just boring or whatever, but the lack of other people besides the children, the random objects and concepts being introduced, and the characters' activities in themselves definitely gave me a sense of childlike discovery. For the main character, that's essentially what it was, and it was really cool how the musicless atmosphere made that click with me.

All the concepts and stuff were seamlessly explained very quickly and unobtrusively. It's just doing everything right so far.

Then I fell asleep while streaming. ): Well, Mufn and I are even now. But you guys never even show up SO WHATEVER. Still, Ganny finally made it instead of being terrible and I totally let him down. Cascada was nodding off too from lackofsleep, and I had been walking out in the heat back and forth while being awake for more than 30 hours. Mufn wasn't even watching. I literally woke up five hours later to my dad telling me to go to sleep.

I'm sorry guys. We'll try to make this more organized and painless.

Probably going to start from episode one tomorrow again, if I stream again. Hopefully you guys will be there for once!!

Sahaqiel