Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chinese Toddler Maimed, Ignored

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Didn't see a thread about this, figured there should be one. Recently in China, a two year old girl wandered away from her parent's home and hardware shop where she was hit by a van. Eighteen people passed by before she was run over a second time. Eventually, an ambulance came.

The video below is in Chinese, so I'll post a shorter, english version below it. Be warned, The first video is very graphic. The second one is not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVvmT9SKgrQ&t=1m5s

What do you guys think? Wake up call for Chinese society? Diffusion of Responsibility? Discuss.

Posted

I saw this on Facebook. Freaking disgusting. Chinese people should be ashamed.

Posted

I saw this on Facebook. Freaking disgusting. Chinese people should be ashamed.

>implying the only occurrence of such a thing is in China

Like that one incident on the train. Did any of you hear of that? The one where the guy just gets on and starts hammering this one dude. I mean that literally, by the way.

But, yes, there is something incredibly wrong going on here. Whether it's Chinese society or it's society in general, I think there is a sense of being desensitized to more gruesome events. Granted, this time is of a more intense gravity than what most people can handle (HOW DID THEY NOT DO ANYTHING?! WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN).

Posted

I would agree with Jared, but I'm not convinced it's just the Chinese who would be disgusted. I'm certain this would happen here in any of our major cities, or really, any major city in the world.

It's just stupid.

And, Sayuri, I believe a big part of the problem is the laws in China concerning good samaritan acts, people can get prosecuted for trying to help in certain situations there.

Posted

The train incident? Did anybody hear of that?

Posted

Yep, I have, there is a lot that happens on trains and public transportation that merit similar reactions.

Posted

What was the train incident?

Posted

But the thing is, people just kept on walking by. No one helped. And that's why they should be ashamed.

Posted

I feel like the individuals involved (or not involved) should be ashamed, not an entire country. That's kinda unfair, Jared. However, this is still very shocking and gross. And even a bit surprising! Like, I understand this stuff happens but you don't realize how awful some people are until you see it for yourself.

Posted

A 2 year old is run over twice and 18 people just ignored her.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Posted

But the thing is, people just kept on walking by. No one helped. And that's why they should be ashamed.

Chinese people implies all people of Chinese decent.

It's like your saying Asian people are good at math.

This is not always true.

Posted

I feel like the individuals involved (or not involved) should be ashamed, not an entire country. That's kinda unfair, Jared. However, this is still very shocking and gross. And even a bit surprising! Like, I understand this stuff happens but you don't realize how awful some people are until you see it for yourself.

Basically sums up how I feel about this. :< I feel sick just thinking about this. Do not need a graphic video.

Posted

|:

The guy in the van had like ten seconds to identify that there was a toddler in the middle of the road, then he hits her, probably knowing he was going to hit her. Even after he hit her and stopped, like, "I think I just hit that girl..." he just kept on going. Didn't even turn slightly to avoid crushing her bones again.

Then the guy in the second van does the same thing. I kind of want to see how they would feel if someone did the same to them. Would they complain about the same things I'm complaining about? I wonder.

What is wrong with people?

Posted

Like any form of currency, the value of human life differs by region, poverty levels, governments, etc.

We simply value the life of a baby girl a lot higher than they do.

I believe they're in the wrong for not placing more value on her life, but...what can you do? We live in a world full of both good and evil. This is an evil side.