Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Zelda Game Announced! "Letters from the Past"

72 posts in this topic

Posted

Today Nintendo surprised us all again by announcing the long-awaited Zelda for the Nintendo Wii. "Letters from the Past" is the next installment of the Zelda series and will integrate with Spirit Tracks. According to Nintendo, the only way to save Hyrule is to deliver top secret letters into the future so that future citizens can use this information within to protect themselves. 'Past Link' will send letters into the future for 'future Link' to deliver. This explains the train in Spirit Tracks. Without it, there would not be enough time to deliver the letters. This is why past Link must depend on future Link. Nintendo hinted today that there may be a little romance involved as well. Perhaps Link is going to deliver a love letter? More details to come. [url="http://www.hyrule.net/images/lettersfromthepast_large.png"]Click%20here%20for%20the%20high%20resolution%20logo.[/url]%20Digg It!

[img]http://www.hyrule.net/images/lettersfromthepast_small.png[/img]
[url="http://digg.com/nintendo/Nintendo_announces_The_Legend_of_Zelda_Letters_from_the_Past"]Digg It![/url]

Posted

Ah, is it April Fools Day again, already? I'm not believing any Zelda news until Thurday! However, I admit to being fooled by that IGN Zelda movie trailer a few ago. :embarrassed:

Posted

Sure... It's funny because the only reference to it is on digg, by you.

You're losing your touch, the old april fools jokes were great. Where is the finesse?

Posted

So ST is fake, this is real, and this is WW Link giving letters to TP Link?

That's only a guess. Then again it is April first. I don't want a disapointment.

Deminsion warp. That would be cool. Cel-shading to TP graphics would be so awesome.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='213526' date='Apr 1 2009, 06:30 AM']So ST is fake, this is real, and this is WW Link giving letters to TP Link?

That's only a guess. Then again it is April first. I don't want a disapointment.

Deminsion warp. That would be cool. Cel-shading to TP graphics would be so awesome.[/quote]

Spirit Tracks is real, Letters of the Past is not.

THANK GOD IT'S NOT. OMG I WOULD DIE OF DISAPPOINTMENT.

Posted

I heard this morning that ST was fake. I don't want this to be real either.

Well it hasn't been 100% confirmed, but still. [url="http://www.hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10692"]http://www.hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10692[/url]

Posted

Ok,now Nintendo's being stupid.Are they running out of ideas?There better be more to that game or else there might actually be a Zelda game that sucks

Posted

[quote name='The Nintendo Nerd' post='213530' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:50 AM']Ok,now Nintendo's being stupid.Are they running out of ideas?There better be more to that game or else there might actually be a Zelda game that sucks[/quote]

I think this is a April Fool.

Posted

Spirit Tracks is REAL! It was announced at the GDC, the Game Developers Confrence. There is no way that Nintendo would do that there it's like pulling a prank when you go up to get the Nobel Prize or something, The GDC is a big deal. As much as some people don't want to admit it "Spirit Tracks" will be the next Zelda Handheld installment.

As for Letters from the Past, Totally April Fools!

Posted

[quote name='The Doctor' post='213538' date='Apr 1 2009, 11:37 AM']Spirit Tracks is REAL! It was announced at the GDC, the Game Developers Confrence. There is no way that Nintendo would do that there it's like pulling a prank when you go up to get the Nobel Prize or something, The GDC is a big deal. As much as some people don't want to admit it "Spirit Tracks" will be the next Zelda Handheld installment.

As for Letters from the Past, Totally April Fools![/quote]

Yeah it has to be a April Fools Joke.

Posted

April Fools to you all. Letters from the Past is fake and Spirit Tracks is real.

Don't believe Ondore's lies!

Posted

You nonbelievers. Do you not trust Dustin? I assure you, it's real. Anymore of this "fake" stuff and we'll have to excommunicate you. Don't blasphemise. *kisses Dustins papal ring*

Posted

Wait, so does this mean there's going to be more awkward shapes and colors to be throwing the letters into? They'll bump the 6 to 18 I can assure you. With the Wii Mote it'll be way easy! And with the ability to integrate it with ST, you could take it on the go!

(if you did not get the above sarcasm, something's up...)

Posted

Lawl, fake. I'd recognize that fanart anywhere. I was expecting to see something more believable.

Posted

yah i think it is fake if it was real wouldn't there be a trailer or somting?
:wacko: