Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miyamoto talks new Zelda at E3

16 posts in this topic

Posted

While no actual word on on the new [i]Zelda[/i] game was spoken aside from a passing reference by Nintendo global president Satoru Iwata at Nintendo's press conference, the series' creator Shigeru Miyamoto was kind enough to drop a few lines on how the game was progressing after the briefing... Specifically that the development teams are exploring "big, new unique ideas".

------

IGN sat down with Shigeru Miyamoto for a little bit after the company's E3 media briefing this morning, and what he had to say pretty much confirmed a comment he made sometime last year that [i]Twilight Princess[/i] will be the last [i]Zelda[/i] title of its kind.

"The [i]Zelda[/i] team in particular always works on [i]Zelda[/i] titles. The core members of the [i]Zelda[/i] team have for a very long time now been focused on [i]Zelda[/i] games, and continue to focus on [i]Zelda[/i] games, so they are hard at work and working away," Miyamoto told IGN. "And then, of course, we have the DS [i]Zelda[/i] team as well, so even there we're having some switching of people in and out where the DS team is mixing in with the Wii team and working on the Wii version."

"Wii version" hints that somewhere along the line, we'll be seeing another [i]Zelda[/i] title on the DS? Maybe. Miyamoto didn't elaborate, or maybe it was just a little mix-up on his translator's part.

IGN asked him if [i]Zelda[/i] would ever further elaborate on playing from a first-person perspective: an element that has been part of the game's formula since the series' foray into 3D. The subject came up because the series' director, Eiji Anouma, showcased BETA gameplay footage of [i]Twilight Princess[/i] running on a first-person perspective at GDC 2007.

"I don't necessarily think it will change that drastically, but I think that [i]Zelda[/i] is a franchise that does need some big, new unique ideas," Miyamoto commented. "And so the team right now is very focused on trying to find those ideas."

Posted

cool, i hope a new zelda game comes out soon[size=1]........maybe[/size]

Posted

?????????????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

well, kevin pereia did say that nintendo is one of the most hush hush of the big three about their games

Posted

Maybe Nintendo will surprise us with a last minute showing of the new Zelda. Like they did with Brawl.

Posted

"Big, new unique ideas." Mewonders what this could mean. Something COOL. =D So I think I'll make some stupid contributions:

Are they thinking RPG? The Final Legend of Fantasy Zelda I?

Or perhaps stat building, not nearly as drastic. The Legend of Zelda: BUILD YER STATS.

A good ol' The Legend of Zelda: Shoot 'Em Up would be...different.

Fighting game? The Legend of Zelda: All Out Wheaties (Little ol' choosing sides reference thar.) Choose from your favorite characters- though I think we all know that Makar would have an unfair advantage.

The Legend of Zelda: Puzzle...no.

RTS? The Legend of Zelda: Man Your Moblins!

The Legend of Zelda: Cooking Navi. This would be nice...

I hope it's another cel shaded one. =P

Posted

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHGH!!!
I missed Nintndo's press conference!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHG!!!
HAS ANYONE THE VIDEO!?!?!?!?!

Posted

[quote name='Ganondorf333' post='155634' date='Jul 16 2008, 05:02 PM']"Big, new unique ideas." Mewonders what this could mean. Something COOL. =D So I think I'll make some stupid contributions:

Are they thinking RPG? The Final Legend of Fantasy Zelda I?

Or perhaps stat building, not nearly as drastic. The Legend of Zelda: BUILD YER STATS.

A good ol' The Legend of Zelda: Shoot 'Em Up would be...different.

Fighting game? The Legend of Zelda: All Out Wheaties (Little ol' choosing sides reference thar.) Choose from your favorite characters- though I think we all know that Makar would have an unfair advantage.

The Legend of Zelda: Puzzle...no.

RTS? The Legend of Zelda: Man Your Moblins!

The Legend of Zelda: Cooking Navi. This would be nice...

I hope it's another cel shaded one. =P[/quote]

Why haven't nintendo hired you already???

Posted

[quote name='eyeoftruth' post='155690' date='Jul 16 2008, 04:33 PM']Why haven't nintendo hired you already???[/quote]
good question

Posted

God i hope its not another cell shaded game........dont get me wrong WW story line was great, but i think it would have been better if it had more mature graphics. I hope whatever they do or change isnt the graphics. That stats idea is nice. Or maybe an RPG which will be really nice IMO. Whatever it is, i will give the "NEW" Zelda a chance like i always do. (Including PH) :embarrassed:

Posted

[quote name='Soi Karuna' post='155617' date='Jul 15 2008, 10:21 PM']well, kevin pereia did say that nintendo is one of the most hush hush of the big three about their games[/quote]

one of the most hush hush of the big three? well that leaves only 1st, 2nd and 3rd most hush hush, so what's the deal?

Posted

With all the new ways of gaming that we have, I hope Nintendo decides to take their time with this one. For me, TP failed at an epic level, and could have been magnificent had they not rushed the game for the Wii's release. Even Aonuma himself said he wished that more had been done, so hopefully they've learned a valuable lesson will be sure to take precaution with creating a new Wii Zelda.

In any case, I'm hoping that sword play will still be a feature in Zelda, only polished up a bit on the controls. Perhaps they will implement use of the Wii's balance board for certain puzzles or side games. I would definitely like to see cel-shaded colors used if Nintendo recycles the toon-drawn look. Toon Link looks neat in Brawl with "realistic" coloring, but I feel that the cel-shading suits his drawn style better. After TP, I'm a bit wary about how another realistic Zelda would turn out, but I am curious as to how they would improve on what they already had going.

Posted

[quote name='Zeruda' post='156086' date='Jul 18 2008, 09:43 PM']With all the new ways of gaming that we have, I hope Nintendo decides to take their time with this one. For me, TP failed at an epic level, and could have been magnificent had they not rushed the game for the Wii's release. Even Aonuma himself said he wished that more had been done, so hopefully they've learned a valuable lesson will be sure to take precaution with creating a new Wii Zelda.

In any case, I'm hoping that sword play will still be a feature in Zelda, only polished up a bit on the controls. Perhaps they will implement use of the Wii's balance board for certain puzzles or side games. I would definitely like to see cel-shaded colors used if Nintendo recycles the toon-drawn look. Toon Link looks neat in Brawl with "realistic" coloring, but I feel that the cel-shading suits his drawn style better. After TP, I'm a bit wary about how another realistic Zelda would turn out, but I am curious as to how they would improve on what they already had going.[/quote]

I thought Wind Waker was the one that Aomuna had said he wished had not been rushed, I havn't seen a single interview with him saying the same about Twilight Princess.

To be honest, for me, the only failing point about twilight princess was really the build-up around the last 2 dungeons. Sadly, that's what sticks in someones mind as being the ending of the game and goes out with somewhat of a whimper, except for the battle with ganondorf...

@Link2483
There's also lots of other publishers that make games, like Capcom, Ubisoft, Square Enix etc...

Posted

I gonna E-mail Nintendo japan for ideas for the zelda game xD

Great to hear there is work on it :)

Posted

Well, I dont think TP was fail. The ones between Majora's Mask and TP were rushed. Look at their awful graphics. Cartoon style. Not cool.