The Merry Marvel Marching Society

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

Thats the first time i've seen McKellan and Stewart and thought about how they've aged. That bums me out.

Posted

Avengers: Age of Ultron will not feature Hank Pym (or any Ant-Man) and Ultron will have a new origin story. (many fans suspect that Tony Stark will be his creator.)

This really pisses me off since Ultron is SUCH a HUGE defining factor for Hank Pym's entire character. It's was his biggest mistake ever and it's still defining him in the comics to this day!!

Posted

Check out this shiz.......the Sentinel from X-Men Days of Future Past

X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past-sentinel-head-

Gilded Grace and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Avengers: Age of Ultron will not feature Hank Pym (or any Ant-Man) and Ultron will have a new origin story. (many fans suspect that Tony Stark will be his creator.)

This really pisses me off since Ultron is SUCH a HUGE defining factor for Hank Pym's entire character. It's was his biggest mistake ever and it's still defining him in the comics to this day!!

I think MCU ant man is supposed to be Scott lang. Thats what I heard at least.

Posted

I heard the Ant-Man movie will feature Hank Pym, but focus on Scott Lang as the modern day Ant-Man.

Posted

Fans that have been keeping up with Marvel comics post-"Age of Ultron" and the current "Hunger" storylines know that things aren't looking to great for the future of Marvel's Ultimate Universe. With Marvel's just released November 2013 solicitations (via CBR), it would seem that things are wrapping up there and some characters might jump ship to the regular "616" universe, namely Miles Morales the Ultimate Spider-Man.

Starting in November, the regular "Ultimate" titles will be replaced with new limited series bearing the heading "Cataclysm," and it is in the solicitation for "CATACLYSM: THE ULTIMATES LAST STAND #2" that we get this juicy tease: MILES MORALES is headed to the Marvel Universe.

After Miles met up with Peter Parker in the Ultimate Universe in 2012's Spider-Men, fans have been wondering when Miles would be appearing in the regular universe. That time has come it appears, and it looks like it will be a permanent move.

Bleeding Cool has also pointed out that Miles might be making his debut in a "regular" Marvel title sooner rather than later, as the solicitation for Mighty Avengers #3 reads: A plague of demons is raging through Manhattan, and the only Avenger who can defeat them is… Spider Hero? What? Seriously, who is that guy?

What do you think of the news? How will Miles adjust to the regular Marvel universe? Sound off Below

spiderman_ultimate.jpg?1376595939

Posted

Yeah i heard that Ulti Universe will end soon and the big players like Spider-Man and Kitty Pryde will migrate over to 616,

But yeah i really hope its not JUST Miles.

Posted

The idea of the ultimate universe was great. Lets take a place and build a new Marvel universe, not so steeped in continuity. Lets try to ground it in a bit more reality. Lets not bring people back when we kill them. Now we see the result of a universe like that. Misery death and destruction. The next time someone asks, "Whats the point of comics when all they do is kill people off and bring them back next issue?" reply that the ultimate universe is the alternative.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

On the End of the Ultimate Universe, straight from Brian Michael Bendis' tumblr:

Please allow me to not comment on unsubstantiated rumors and let us tell our story. and please believe me when I tell you that I have been working on the ultimate universe for 14 years. as important as it is to some of you it is doubly doubly doubly important to me. if not more so. and I promise you that I will not let you down and I will tell the story worth telling.

can you imagine if there were someone at your job who just decided it was their job to spoil everything that you do?   and if they can’t spoil it they just make something up?

that is what it’s like to try to tell a decent story for this generation of mainstream comic book creators.  see, if we deny the rumor, we give them hits, which is all they want, and if we don’t deny it, we make it true and give them hits. which is all they want.

so no matter what I do, I lose. and no matter what I do they win.

i just want to tell a puppying story without this barnacle on my ass.  and, yes, i know, just mentioning them causes them to start masturbating.  I know I’m not helping myself but i just want to be clear where i stand with this. 

what’s funny to me is that no matter how many times these stupid websites are wrong, and they are wrong about half the time, people still believe what they read. and I’m not just talking about rich’s website.

Posted

On the End of the Ultimate Universe, straight from Brian Michael Bendis' tumblr:

Please allow me to not comment on unsubstantiated rumors and let us tell our story. and please believe me when I tell you that I have been working on the ultimate universe for 14 years. as important as it is to some of you it is doubly doubly doubly important to me. if not more so. and I promise you that I will not let you down and I will tell the story worth telling.

can you imagine if there were someone at your job who just decided it was their job to spoil everything that you do?   and if they can’t spoil it they just make something up?

that is what it’s like to try to tell a decent story for this generation of mainstream comic book creators.  see, if we deny the rumor, we give them hits, which is all they want, and if we don’t deny it, we make it true and give them hits. which is all they want.

so no matter what I do, I lose. and no matter what I do they win.

i just want to tell a puppying story without this barnacle on my ass.  and, yes, i know, just mentioning them causes them to start masturbating.  I know I’m not helping myself but i just want to be clear where i stand with this. 

what’s funny to me is that no matter how many times these stupid websites are wrong, and they are wrong about half the time, people still believe what they read. and I’m not just talking about rich’s website.

That explains that

Posted

Well this doesn't mean that Ulti isn't ending, it just means that Bendis hates spoilers. 

Posted

Principle photography has completed on X-Men Days of Future Past and to celebrate this photo popped up on Imgur. It shows a 70's era Professor Xavier, a human looking Hank McCoy and Logan aka Wolverine in the Subterranean corridor under the Xavier Mansion. It is unclear if this is Logan from the Past or the future.

PNWHP7A.jpg?itok=W9PNWQzq

In other 20th Century Fox news, it seems that the folks over at Fox are taking a page from Marvel's playbook. The upcoming reboot of the Studio's Fantastic Four franchise will be set in the same reality as the current X-Men films with the possibility of a crossover in the near future.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Apparently 1970's Xavier had a stint as a bad Don Henley impersonator or something.

Posted

Don Henley was actually based off of Xavier.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Apparently 1970's Xavier had a stint as a bad Don Henley impersonator or something.

That's what every guy looked like in the 70's, you should see photos of my Dad. He looked ridiculous.