Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wii appears at 80th Oscars

9 posts in this topic

Posted

On what's considered the film industry's biggest night, stars worked the red carpet, the beloved Academy Award statuettes were handed out one by one, and Wii made an unexpected appearance during the live broadcast.

------
[center][/center]

As the awards show returned from one of its commercial breaks, host Jon Stewart, in one of his comedic skits for the show, was caught playing tennis on Wii's packaged game [i]Wii Sports[/i] with Jamia Simone Nash, who performed "Raise it Up" from [i]August Rush[/i], which was nominated for Best Original Song. The game was displayed on the stage's largest screen, for the entire theatre and the home audience to see.

Nintendo must have enjoyed the publicity, especially during one of the most watched awards shows of the year.

The 80th Academy Awards were held Sunday night at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles, California.

Source: [url="http://www.news.com/8301-13772_3-9877783-52.html"]CNET[/url]

Posted

Oh wow, didn't expect that, I missed the award show on Sunday, Also thanks for that, now i can brag about how famous my Wii got :n_n::)

Posted

On "The Colbert Report" a satirical current events program that airs on cable channel Comedy Central following "The Daily Show" hosted by Jon Stewart. Stephen Colbert played the Wii boxing game against guest Nancy Pelosi and won. Colbert joking said "that's right nerds, i gots me one!"

Posted

Jon Stewart is so fun:p I love his show.

Posted

LOL, I doubt it was free publicity! Nintendo probably spent a whole lotta cash to get that out!

It was cool to watch though. Anyone actually watch the Oscars? Some friends and I stayed up until 5am to watch. Hooray for lazy students!

Posted

Didn't expect that to happen.

Posted

I was surprised to see that; I watched part of the show.

Posted

[quote name='AarghZombies' post='124076' date='Feb 25 2008, 02:20 PM']LOL, I doubt it was free publicity! Nintendo probably spent a whole lotta cash to get that out!

It was cool to watch though. Anyone actually watch the Oscars? Some friends and I stayed up until 5am to watch. Hooray for lazy students![/quote]

yeah i watched it all the way through my mom made me :cry: but the wii was cool and how come he did more stand-up comedy more than the awards?

Posted

Wow tahts surprising lol funny